CPESN® Kansas Minimum Service Sets
All member pharmacies are capable of providing the following core services:
- Comprehensive Medication Reviews– A systemic assessment of medications, including prescription, over-the-counter, herbal medications and dietary supplements to identify medication-related problems, prioritize a list of medication therapy problems and create a patient-specific plan to resolve medication therapy problems working with the extended healthcare team.
- Medication Synchronization Program– Aligning a patient’s routine medications to be filled at the same time each month. The pharmacists will provide clinical medication management and monitoring for progression toward desired therapeutic goals during the patient appointment at time of medication pick-up or delivery.
- Immunizations– Act of screening patients for ACIP recommended immunizations, educate patients about needed immunizations and administer immunizations when appropriate.
- Medication Reconciliation– The process of comparing a patient’s medication orders to all of the medications that the patient has been taking (active, chronic, as needed and OTC including herbal) to avoid medication errors. This service is especially important during transitions of care when patients are most vulnerable to medication errors or mishaps.
- Personal Medication Record– Ability to create a comprehensive list of current patient medications manually or from dispensing software